Trepucó Ruins (outskirts of Mahón, Menorca) – located on the outskirts of Mahón, the talayotic settlement in Trepucó, which was excavated by English archaeologist Margaret Murray in 1931 and declared a Historical-Artistic Monument that same year, is located approximately two km. from Mahon on the road to Sant Lluís. This approximately 5000-sq. meter talayotic was originally surrounded by a wall, of which only several sections and two square defense towers in the western wall have survived.
Archaeological findings have revealed that there were at least seven talayots originally, of which two have survived. The central talayot, a solid structure with a small window in the upper section, is one of Minorca’s largest. The star-shaped building near the talayot was erected in the eighteenth century by the French army during their attempts to wrest Mahon from the English.